Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wolverine!

hey everyone,

well i got to do something rrrrrreallllly fun . . .
i got to draw Wolverine!
the HERO INITIATIVE has done special one-of-a-kind covers over the last few years for their charity.
they started with the Spider-Man covers, then they did the Hulk, and now they are doing the Wolverine covers.
it's a very cool thing that they do with these covers . . . 100 artists are asked to do their own unique cover, and then the original piece is auctioned off and the money helps to support the HERO INITIATIVE . It is a non-profit organization, whose purpose is to help and support our seasoned, older comic book creators who have laid the groundwork for the industry we love. I feel extremely honored when they ask me to collaborate in these events. i had fun doing the Spider-Man cover and now I've been given a chance to do a Wolverine image.
i do hope you all like it. . .

again, i'm honored to be part of this, as they have asked some really amazing and talented artists to be part of this and i'm just very thankful to have my lil' sketch alongside theirs.
i'll keep you posted on what they do with all the covers and when they make them available.
take care and all the best,
mike . . .

6 comments:

Lan Pitts said...

Very cool, Mike. I love when Hero does things like this.

Bruckaroni said...

Hey Mike what happened that your not writing or drawing the billy batson comic anymore?

Brian said...

Fantastic Wolvie cover Mike. It is kind of jarring to see you draw blood though (as in illustrate)!

Great cause, and although I always get outbid on these pieces I always buy the collected books to do my little part.

Glad to see you back with this project after missing a Hulk rendition by you last year!

Cheers,

Brian

David Colman said...

awesome Mike...always inspirational....hope youre well buddy....

love the monsters below...kick ass!

azhar said...

nice,,,

after Shazam what's your new project sir?

Freddy Torres said...

Hey M, I love your sweet creations!(I gotta use that as a book title- Sweet Creations) anyway xP To Brian- I thought Wolverine was un"jarring" a jar of jelly. Scott Summers told me Wolverine was trying to make a p.b. and j sandwich and couldn't open the jelly, so this was the result.