Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Spiderman Cover


hey all!

well, i got to achieve a very fun dream of mine. . . draw Spidey officially for Marvel!
:)

recently for Marvel and the Hero Initiative, a hundred artists were asked to do covers for issue #100 of Ultimate Spiderman as a fundraiser for the charity.

you can read more about it here . . . http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9471

anyway, i was late as usual, but i finally finished mine and here it is. i love drawing Spidey. his shape and poses can be so fluid and full of animation. i did it all in pencil, since i stink at inking. :)
enjoy! i hope ya like it.

now i've just got to convince them to let me do a complete Spidey story . . .
;)


all the best,
m . . .

11 comments:

Chris Houghton said...

Congrats Mike! What an honor! I'll be looking forward to it.

Chris

Mike...'s mum said...

Looks like your cover is one of the ones that will be auctioned off via eBay at the beginning of March!

Can't wait!
Of course, you could just send it to your dear mother and I could add it to the other ones you've done for me over the years, adorning the front of my fridge...

ohmyalikins said...

that is SO exciting! i'm really glad you got to do something you've dreamed of for so long. it looks fantastic! i'll have to scrounge up some of my loose change and see if i can nab it on ebay, since, it does combine two of my favorites ~ spidey & mike kunkel drawerings ;)

Ken Chandler said...

Congratulations Mike. That's a big deal, and a great opportunity. Spidey is the man! And you're not so bad yourself. Great blog!

GRODZ! said...

AAAHHH come on Mike your cool like that...The Cover looks Cool. Keep up the good work.

Peace
GRODZ!

Todd Harris said...

congrats mike. that is awesome. really cool to get to do your dream. nice work.

mike said...

jeesh! why wouldn't they let you do a full spidey story?

Andry "Shango" Rajoelina said...

As a fan of your work and an 'ultimate spidey' fan, I'd like to ask you the same question.. why? I mean whyyyyyy? That would be sooooo cool!! (from a fan you met at Angoulême 2006..)

Randeep Katari said...

that is SO WICKED!
I want one.

I posted some stuff at my blog too Mike...let me know what you think!

-R.

Marco Bucci said...

pushin' those shapes to the max! Great design.

chia said...

Nice!! I hope they have you start doing Spidey stories as well! Especially since I really enjoyed your contribution to X-men unlimited a while back, they should know that you're a great fit.